Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm officially a Texan!

Yesterday, I surrendered my Massachusetts driver's license and became a Texan. (Although, my uncle tells me that if I go around telling people "I became a Texan!!!" I might get shot. I'm pretty sure he was joking, but still...) I guess you don't become a Texan, you ARE a Texan.

Texans are born, not made...etc.

There have been lots of ups and downs happening in my life right now, and making the decision to get a TX license felt good. Sure, it's scary, and I actually got a little emotional watching my little MA license go away. I remember sitting at the DMV in Watertown, MA- spring of my senior year- late for my internship at Mix 98.5- I was dressed all nice...but it was FREEZING in there- and I put on my hoodie. My license picture was TERRIBLE. I was not happy to be stick with it for five years. And I was so pissed that by the time I was putting my electronic signature on the signing pad- it came out nothing like my original.

The experience getting my TX license was pretty easy- and- FAST! Shocking, I know. But in Texas they have offices JUST for licenses. And then separate offices for title, registration, etc.

Texas wins the battle of DMVs. (Technically here there is no DMV, just DPS=Department of Public Safety).

No comments:

Post a Comment